Connolly & Hickey 

Wilson Residence
Glen Ridge, New Jersey

Client: Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Wilson

Wilson Residence

Wilson Residence Wilson Residence    
(click on image for larger view)
Scope of Services:
The Wilson Residence is located on Ridgewood Avenue in Glen Ridge and was constructed in the 1950s as a one story ranch with basement. The majority of residences along Ridgewood Avenue, Glen Ridge's main residential thoroughfare, are late nineteenth and early twentieth century Victorian and Colonial Revival residences which are characteristic of much of the homes in Glen Ridge. Ninety-percent of the Borough is incorporated in the Glen Ridge Historic District which is located on both the New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places. Laura and Andrew Wilson desired to expand their existing ranch house in a manner that was more characteristic of their neighbors and also complied with the historic preservation design standards set by the Glen Ridge Historic Preservation Commission. Utilizing the architectural features characteristic of typical center-hall Colonial Revival residences of the early-twentieth century, Connolly & Hickey meet the needs of the Wilson family by designing a residence that both compliments its neighbors and provides more space for family. This expanded residence will provide a master bedroom suite, a three-car garage, a large playroom for the children, an eat-in kitchen, family room, and formal dining and living rooms. The primary designer for the project was C. E. John Way, AIA.

< Previous Next >

Connolly & Hickey  l   P.O. Box 1726  l   Cranford, New Jersey 07016  l   info@chhistoricalarchitects.com  l   973-746-4911   facebook